The new Visualization and Modeling Feature Pack allows generating UML diagrams from code and vice versa
Microsoft recently published the Visualization and Modeling Feature Pack for Visual Studio 2010. Download is available for MSDN subscribers here. The following (longly awaited) features are included:
- Generate code from UML class diagrams.
- Create UML class diagrams from code.
- Import UML class, sequence, and use case elements from XMI 2.1 files.
- Create and view links from work items to model elements.
- Generate dependency graphs for ASP.NET Web, C, and C++ projects.
- Create and validate layer diagrams for C and C++ code.
- Write custom code to create, modify, and validate layer diagrams.
The following UML class diagram from Giving a Presentation was created using the Visualization and Modeling Feature Pack in just a couple of minutes:
Do you recognize how the Model View View Model pattern was used? It is easy from the diagram, is not it?